Here is a super simple wreath for you to craft–from a hanger and store bought ball ornaments! Use coupons and snap up your favorite colored ornaments now or wait until after Christmas clearance sales and grab what you can. The wreath is versatile too. Choose all the same color and size or mix and match randomly, as I did here. Let’s get started!
- One metal clothes hanger (like the kind from the dry cleaner)
- Approximately 55 standard sized (2 1/4″ diameter) Christmas ball ornaments
- One store bought bow or 2 yds. 2 1/2″ wide ribbon
- Small amount of duct tape or strong tape to secure hanger ends together
- Optional: strong glue to hold the toppers onto the ornament
1)Shape hanger into a circle.
2)Untwist top to separate ends. Keep the hook as it is to use for hanging wreath.
3)Start stringing ornaments on the unhooked end and push all the way around, coming back up to the hook. Here is where you may choose to place a tiny amount of glue to hold the ornament top onto the ornament ball. The fuller your wreath becomes, the more likely it will be the ornament will pop off. My wreath was very full so I used glue. When all ornaments are on, twist together straight-ish end of hanger onto hooked end. Secure with tape of choice.
4)Secure a bow onto your wreath using wire or ribbon. Done! Merry Christmas!