Do you have some protein powder left from your New Years’ resolution? Are you looking for a different way to use your protein powder? One of our followers requested some new ideas to use up his chocolate protein powder, so here are a few recipes that may be of interest to you. These ideas have been gleaned from other blogs but tested here in our kitchen; they came up winners!
The protein powder I used was Muscle Milk Pro Series 50 in knockout chocolate. I am sure any protein powder you may have will also work. Also, let me clarify the scoop size because I’m not sure whether all scoops are the same.The protein powder I used here had a scoop that holds 1/4 plus 1/8 cups liquid or about 35 grams of powder.
# 1 OATMEAL COOKIE BREAKFAST SHAKE (from revolutionxfishers instagram) makes 1 serving ( 1 3/4 C.)
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (They used a different brand)
- 1/2 C. uncooked oatmeal
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 C. almond milk
- 1 C. ice
OPTIONAL ADD-INS: 1/4 C. peanut butter or a banana. Really anything that you can think of.
As you may have guessed: Place all ingredients in a blender and mix. Serve immediately.
# 2 NO-BAKE CHOCOLATE PROTEIN BARS (by mom to mom nutrition) Makes 8 bars
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 3 TBL honey
- 1 C. peanut butter
- 1 C. old-fashioned oats
- 2 TBL chia seeds
- 1/2 C. milk
- Combine milk, peanut butter and honey in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 15 seconds; stir. Microwave 15 more seconds or until ingredients can be thoroughly mixed; stir.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Line an 8″x 8″ pan or container with parchment paper. Press mixture evenly into pan with fingers.
4. Freeze at least 15 minutes. Cut into bars. Must be stored in either the refrigerator or freezer.
These were a huge hit. They never fully harden and must be kept cool for best handling. We kept ours in the freezer and they may be eaten directly when frozen. Yum!
# 3 THE ULTIMATE 1 MINUTE PROTEIN BROWNIE (by The Big Man’s World) makes 1 mug lava-style brownie
Note: I altered the recipe to ingredients I had.
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 TBL flour
- 2 TBL sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1-2 TBL cocoa powder, to taste ( I used 2-it was delicious!)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 C. milk
- optional: handful of chocolate chips
- Grease a large mug (my 14 oz. mug was the perfect size) or microwavable cereal bowl. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk egg and milk. Add rest of ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared mug or bowl. Top with chocolate chips, if desired. (They will sink.)
4. Microwave for 1 minute. Serve warm.
This was absolutely scrumptious!! Using a granulated sweetener of your choice as a substitute for sugar makes this dish of yumminess approximately 100 calories (depending on what kind of milk you use).
3 unique ways to use chocolate protein powder. Enjoy!