Here’s a cake with a WOW factor. It’s ultra-moist and has a delicious, buttery, cream cheese flavor that just can’t be beat. I made this for a friend on her birthday. She (and her husband) LOVED it! The two of them ate the whole thing. It would be a great cake for gift-giving, potlucks, taking to work, or dinner dessert. Think Easter dinner! Yum!
Without further ado, let’s get started!
CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE (recipe by easy recipes.com)
- 1 (8oz.) pkg. cream cheese
- 1 1/2 C. butter, softened
- 3 C. white sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 C. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 C. powdered sugar
- 3-4 TBL milk or water
- 2 tsp. clear vanilla (for white) or regular vanilla (for off-white like mine)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 10″ bundt cake pan.
- Cream butter and cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add sugar gradually while beating.
- Add eggs, two at a time while beating.
Be sure to crack your eggs over a small bowl or dish. This will help you to see any eggshells that may have gotten in there and lets you check for other impurities. True story: Once I cracked an egg while baking and a baby chicken plopped down into my batter. There are no words to describe the feeling in my stomach–or the stench in my nostrils. I almost gave up baking! Hopefully, I’ve convinced you to crack your eggs in a separate container, my friends! Now onward…
6.Add flour and mix to combine. Mix in vanilla.
7. Pour batter into prepared cake pan. Place in oven and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes. (I had to bake mine an additional 10 minutes.) Cake will get very crusty and you may think you’ve done it wrong. Never fear! It is the nature of the beast.
8. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack. Let cool in pan for 10-15 minutes. Place a plate over the pan and flip the cake to remove from pan. Let cool completely. When cool, invert again and cut off crust. Invert onto serving plate.
9. Mix glaze ingredients and pour over cake, allowing some to drip over onto the sides.
Enjoy!!! It is so good!