A kale salad just doesn’t sound appetizing. I know kale is good for a person, but I’ve tried to eat it before and, well, no thank you! I wasn’t impressed. Fast forward to a dinner at Chick-fil-A. I was trying to decide on a side with my sandwich when the cashier asked, ” Would you like to try our power kale salad?” After a slight hesitation from me, I thought there is nothing on Chick-fil-A’s menu that I don’t like, consequently I just went for it. I’m glad I did. It’s a definite winner!
I started wondering if I could replicate it at home. I looked on Pinterest and found the salad part but wasn’t very happy with the dressings I tried so I made my own. I hope you will give this a try. If you do, please leave a comment and let us know your thoughts. Enjoy!
Power Kale Salad (recipe by Oriana Romero at mommyhoodsdiary.com) makes 4-6 servings depending if it’s a side or the main dish
- 1 bunch broccolini, chopped
- 4 C. kale, loosely chopped or torn
- 1/2 C. dried cherries
- Roasted nuts to taste
- 1 recipe maple vinaigrette dressing
- Wash and spin broccolini and kale. Chop. Place in a medium sized bowl.
- Add cherries and nuts. Toss.
- Add maple vinaigrette. Toss.
- Serve immediately. (Oriana recommends letting sit for 15 minutes to soften kale.)
Maple Vinaigrette Dressing (recipe by ideastimestwo) makes approximately 1/3 C. dressing, enough to dress the power kale salad listed above
- 1/4 C. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 TBL. olive oil
Whisk together. Pour over salad. Toss.
Depending on your tastes, you may choose not to use all of it. It will last in the refrigerator for 3 days.
Enjoy this scrumptious salad!!