It’s the perfect weather for chocolate lasagna. Ok…I’ve never heard anyone say that. And really any time of year is good for making chocolate lasagna. My daughter told my granddaughter they were going to be having lasagna for dinner and the little one’s reply was, “Chocolate lasagna or regular lasagna?” Good question.You never know until you ask. She actually had both for dinner because I whipped a batch of the chocolate variety for their dessert. Yum!
I lost my original recipe for chocolate lasagna so I looked on Pinterest for another. I found this recipe by thekitchensnob.com and I think it is my new favorite. No pre-baking the crust, just layer upon layer of yumminess.
What’s not to love? Layers of chocolate pudding, whipped topping mixed with cream cheese and Oreos. You had me at chocolate…let’s get started!
(I inserted some pictures, but this recipe is entirely written by the kitchensnob.com. Thank you, kitchensnob, it is delicious!!)
- 36 Oreo cookies (regular, not double stuffed)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3¼ cups cold milk, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 12 oz tub Cool Whip, divided
- 2 – 3.9 oz packages chocolate instant pudding mix
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- In a large food processor, crush Oreo cookies into fine crumbs. Make sure there are no large chunks left.
- In a medium bowl, mix melted butter into cookie crumbs using a fork. When the butter is thoroughly mixed in, transfer it to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Using a spatula, press the crumbs down into the bottom of the baking dish as evenly as possible. Put baking dish in refrigerator while you work on the next step.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese with an electric beater until fluffy. Add the 2 tablespoons of cold milk and sugar and mix well. With large spoon or spatula, mix in 1¼ cups of the Cool Whip until combined. Spread cream cheese mixture over cookie crust. Return baking dish to refrigerator and let chill for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together chocolate instant pudding and 3¼ cups cold milk with electric beater or whisk until the pudding starts to thicken. Spread the pudding over the cream cheese layer. Return baking dish to refrigerator and let chill for 10 more minutes.
- Have a seat on your couch and dream of how delicious this heavenly dessert is going to be. Start to drool.
- Spread remaining Cool Whip over the pudding layer and sprinkle mini chocolate chips over the top. (Feel free to use more than ½ cup of the chocolate chips if you want more!)
- Chill in fridge for 4 hours or freezer for 1 hour.