What’s better than hot chocolate on a cold day? I love it! Now wrap it up with some mix ins for a fun gift to warm up someone’s day. The snowman hot chocolate tower will do the trick. Give to a hostess, teacher, friend, neighbor, co-worker. Everyone will love it. Yum!
This idea comes from the wrapper on a package of three Ziploc brand small round containers I found at my local grocery store. Super cute!
- 3 5″ round plastic containers
- Small marshmallows ( approx. 1- 1 1/4 C.)
- Hot chocolate mix ( purchased or homemade–recipe below) About 1 3/4 – 2 C.
- Mints (about 1 to 1 1/4 C.)
- Scraps of pink, black and orange felt
- Scrap of plaid fabric like flannel
- Snowman hat (I found mine at Hobby Lobby in the Christmas craft section)
- Ribbon, flowers or berries for embellishing hat
- Low melt hot glue with glue gun
- Tacky or sticky glue or double-sided tape
- Place marshmallows into one container. Place hot chocolate mix into another. Into the third container, place mints.
2. Using hot glue, glue containers together, stacking hot chocolate mix on top of mints, then adding marshmallows on top. I tried all kinds of glues and tapes for the containers, but the only thing that worked for me is the cool melt hot glue. If you use cool melt glue, it shouldn’t damage the containers and they will be easy to pry apart for the recipient.
3. Cut nose from orange felt about 1 1/4″ long. Cut 2 (3/8″) round eyes. Cut 2 black 5/8″ felt circle buttons. Cut 8-10 small mouth pieces, about 1/4″ irregular shapes. Cut a plaid scarf piece approximately 1″ wide and 24″ long (make it shorter if you would like.) From pink felt, cut two circles 1″ in diameter for the cheeks.
4. Using double-sided tape or sticky glue, glue face pieces onto one container. These will peel off at a later time so the recipient will be able to wash the containers.
5. Tie scarf around snowman “neck”.
6. Decorate hat as desired, using glue gun. I found the only way to attach the hat is also the glue gun. Glue the hat onto the top of the tower. Done!
For a delicious hot chocolate recipe, see below.
HOT CHOCOLATE MIX (from our mom–original source, unknown)
- 6 C. powdered milk
- 4 C. non-dairy creamer
- 2 C. powdered sugar
- 2 (3.9oz.) boxes instant chocolate pudding
Mix all ingredients together. Place in an airtight container.
To serve: Into 8 ounces of very hot water, add 1/4 C. of the powdered mix. Stir thoroughly.
Enjoy!! Merry Christmas!