When the weather gets cool, there’s nothing like a cup of hot chili to warm you up! It’s great for a crowd too. So easy–just throw it in a pan and heat. Delicious! This chili is my favorite recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
FAVORITE CHILI (recipe by ideastimestwo.com) serves 10
- 2 1/2 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 large sweet onions, chopped
- 3 large green peppers, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 1/2 heaping tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 (15 oz.) cans pinto beans
- 2 (15 oz.) red kidney beans
- 2 (10 oz.) cans Rotel original
- 2 (15 oz.) cans stewed tomatoes
- 4 (15 oz.) cans tomato sauce
- 2 packages of chili seasoning mix, 1.25 oz. (I used Watkins)
Brown and drain meat. Chop all vegetables. Open all cans. Dump all of the ingredients in a large stockpot or crockpot and simmer for three-four hours. You may add water if chili gets too thick after simmering.
Serve with cheese, crusty bread, crackers, hot dogs, baked potatoes…you get the idea!
Note: I also made this chili without the onions, green pepper or celery to accommodate people with allergies. It was still delicious!