There is nothing like a cup of hot chocolate to tickle your taste buds and warm you up. I found this yummy recipe on Pinterest after trying out several recipes. I can’t find the source for this, but it was the very best of all I tried. Also included are instructions for this adorable snowman mug given to me by my sister who made me a set years ago. They have not only stood the test of time but when I look at them, they just make me happy. Here we go!
French Vanilla Hot Chocolate (makes approximately 12 servings)
- 2 2/3 cup dry milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 oz. dry French vanilla coffee creamers
- 1 scant cup Nesquick instant chocolate drink mix
- 2/3 cup regular flavor dry coffee creamer
Stir all ingredients together in a large bowl. Store in an airtight container or canister.
Use 1/4 to 1/3 cup of dry mix to 8 ounces of very hot water. Stir. Enjoy!
Snowman Mug–supplies needed
- Ceramic mug with a shiny finish
- Craft acrylic paint in your choice of colors (she used white, black, brown, red and orange)
- small paint brush to fill in details
- Medium paint brush for varnish
- Delta Ceramcoat glossy varnish (it comes in flat, satin and gloss–be careful) This is located in the craft acrylic paint section of your store.
1.Using the picture as a guide, sponge two circles with white paint to form snowman body. Lift a little paint off from the base of the head with a small bit of a napkin or paper towel to delineate the head from the body. Let dry. This should only take 10 minutes or so, depending on how much paint you applied.
2. Using small brush, paint twig arms in brown.
3. Add black details: buttons, mouth and eyes.
4. Add orange nose
5. Add red heart.
6. By now, your brown twig arms should be dry. If so, paint a little white snow details at the top of the twigs. Paint white dots in the eyes. Make random white snowflakes all around mug. Let mug dry completely.
7. Cover your snowman with a thin layer of Ceramcoat varnish, making sure the entire image is covered. You may extend the varnish onto mug a little outside of image area. Dry completely. Add another thin layer of varnish. Dry completely. Done!
Do not place in dishwasher; hand wash only. They are microwave safe.
The mug is ready for you to enjoy yourself or gift to someone special.