It’s like an amped up grilled cheese sandwich. It doesn’t get much better than this! Layers of fresh mozzarella, pepperoni, tangy sauce and spices. Mmm, mmm, mmm. Let’s get going!
GRILLED PIZZA SANDWICH (recipe by ideastimestwo–makes about 7sandwiches)
- 1 loaf of Italian or French style bread
- 14 oz. jar pizza sauce
- pepperoni to taste (approximately 8 slices per sandwich)
- 1/3 C. grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese
- small amount of butter for spreading on bread
- 1- 2 TBL. dried or fresh, chopped basil
1) Start by slicing bread into 14 slices approximately 1/2″ thick.
2)Spread about 1 1/2 tablespoons of pizza sauce on 7 slices of bread.
3)Slice mozzarella into thin slices and distribute evenly over sauce.
4)Place pepperoni slices on top of mozzarella.
5)Sprinkle basil over top of pepperoni.
6)Place plain bread slices on top of sandwich fillings.
7)Spread both sides of sandwich with butter then top each side with a generous sprinkle of Parmesan.
8)Grill on a griddle or frying pan on low to medium heat until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
Simple and delicious. I hope you try this. Enjoy!