One of the best things about summer meals are salads. By far my favorite salad is a fresh caprese salad–especially with fresh tomatoes from my garden. Now that the weather is finally warming up and summer is on the way, I decided to make myself a big bowl of pasta salad. This recipe combines what I love about a caprese salad with pasta. This is quick, easy, and delicious and makes either a filling dinner or a refreshing side.
- 13 oz. box of Pasta (farfalle is my favorite)
- Red onion, rough chopped to taste
- 1 c. chopped tomatoes (I use multicolored grape tomatoes)
- Fresh basil, rough chopped
- 1/2 c. or so of Italian dressing, to taste (I use Basil Vinaigrette)
- Fresh Mozzarella (I like little Bel Giorgio Fresh Mozzarella balls)
- Boil pasta. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve