Keep your place in your book with style. This DIY bookmark is an easy way to express your creativity with so many charms and ribbons to choose from. Make this for yourself or give as a gift with a couple of books to boot. This would make a great Mother’s Day gift. Let’s get started!
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR SINGLE-SIDED BOOKMARK:
- 10″ ribbon (whatever length you choose)
- Ribbon clasp jewelry finding in width of your ribbon
- Split or jump ring to attach charm, if needed
- Jewelry charm
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR DOUBLE-SIDED BOOKMARK:
- 2 (10″) long ribbons (or whatever length you choose)
- 2 ribbon clasp jewelry findings in the width of your ribbon
- Split or jump rings to attach charm, if needed
- 2 Jewelry charms
- Miscellaneous trims to decorate background ribbon
- Small strip of Heat N’Bond or similar product to adhere two ribbons together, or sew together, if prefered
FOR A SINGLE-SIDED BOOKMARK:
1)Cut ribbon at an angle at one end. At the opposite end, cut straight across.
2)Clamp ribbon clasp onto the straight end with needle-nose or other plier.
3)Attach charm onto loop of ribbon clasp. You may need to use a jump or split ring for this step. Some charms have an attachment ring included. You are done!
FOR A DOUBLE-SIDED BOOKMARK:
1)Cut ribbon to length desired. Embellish with narrow ribbon or rick-rack. Repeat for another ribbon. Sew these two pieces wrong sides together or use a narrow strip Heat N’ Bond to adhere together.
2)Trim ends straight. Attach ribbon clasps to each end.
3)Attach charms to each end.
The sky is the limit. Have fun!